- Talk with your student about their class/work schedule when planning the weekend
- Review event schedule & buy tickets, as necessary
- Purchase commemorative shirts for your family members
- Reserve a hotel room
- Make dinner reservations
- Print out a parking pass
- Check the weather
- Pack comfortable clothing
- Bring a camera to capture the excitement of the weekend
Choose Your Events
- There are a number of events that families can participate in.
- We offer events at no charge as well as ticketed events at varying price points.
- Ticketed events sell out quickly so buy your tickets today.
- Tickets are available until each event is sold out.
Food & Dining Options
From Food & Wine to The New York Times, Denver's reputation for fine dining has risen enormously in recent years, thanks to award-winning chefs, innovative chef-owned eateries and a focus on locally sourced cuisine. Denver chefs are regulars on the Food Network, the Travel Channel and such shows as "Top Chef." Many Mile High City kitchen wizards make frequent cooking appearances at the famed James Beard House in New York City.
JWU Denver Culinary Story Map
Check out the JWU Denver Culinary Story Map, an online, interactive map of local restaurants connected to JWU Denver alumni.
- Casual attire is appropriate for all events during Family Weekend. Many of our events are designed to keep you active, so bring comfortable shoes or sneakers.
- October weather in Denver can be quite unpredictable, so be sure to bring a light sweater or umbrella.
- Before you travel, check the local weather forecast and pack accordingly.