Review the checklist below to ensure you are best prepared for a memorable weekend.
- Talk with your student about their class/work schedule when planning the weekend
- Review event schedule & buy tickets, as necessary
- Purchase commemorative shirts and JWU gear for your family members
- Reserve a hotel room
- Make dinner reservations
- Check the weather
- Pack comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a camera to capture the excitement of the weekend
Choose Your Events
- There are a number of events that families can participate in. We offer events at no charge as well as ticketed events at varying price points.
- Ticketed events sell out quickly so buy your tickets today
- Tickets are available until each event is sold out
Food & Dining Options
- Family Dinner with the President
- Culinary, Baking & Pastry and Wine Tasting Courses
- Local restaurants with special Family Weekend Rates
- Casual attire is appropriate for all events during Family Weekend. Many of our events are designed to keep you active, so bring comfortable shoes or sneakers.
- October weather in North Miami can be quite unpredictable, so be sure to bring a light sweater and umbrella.
- Before you travel, check the local weather forecast and pack accordingly.
Parking & Transportation
If you plan to provide your own transportation, a parking pass will be provided.