Review the checklist below to ensure you are best prepared for a memorable weekend.
- Talk with your student about their class/work schedule when planning the weekend
- Review event schedule & buy tickets, as necessary
- Purchase commemorative shirts and blankets for your family members
- Reserve a hotel room
- Make dinner reservations
- Print out a parking pass
- Check the weather
- Pack comfortable clothing
- Bring a camera to capture the excitement of the weekend
- There are a number of events that families can participate in. We offer events at no charge as well as ticketed events at varying price points.
- Complimentary events do not require tickets, simply show up and enjoy!
- Ticketed events sell out quickly so buy your tickets today.
- Early Bird rates are available for ticketed events and merchandise from August 1, 2018 - September 30, 2018 (prices increase on Oct 1).
- Ticket sales end on October 9, 2018.
Food & Dining Options
- Family Style Luncheon - Limited seating available.
- JWU Dining options
- City Burger
- Red Sauce
- Casual attire is appropriate for all events during Family Weekend. Many of our events are designed to keep you active, so bring comfortable shoes or sneakers.
- October weather in New England can be quite unpredictable, so be sure to bring layers, jacket, raincoat and umbrella.
- Before you travel, check the local weather forecast and pack accordingly.